August 25, 2010

Home


Little Hunters Beach, Acadia National Park in Maine



sunset over Eagle Lake, Acadia National Park

coast of Maine, Acadia National Park

I'm home after 3 weeks of adventures in Maine! There is more data in my head than I can process right now but I can't wait to share my great time I had in my residency at Watershed, as well as all of the fun camping and hiking in Acadia National Park and on Mt. Katahdin along the Appalachian Trail.

I hope you readers are still out there, I promise I will return to my regular scheduled programming very soon (possibly about pots and photography!) Until then, here are a few shots of my outdoor exploring to whet your appetite! Of course I can't just pick one quintessential shot, that would be way too hard!

Jordan Pond, Acadia National Park


Daicey Pond, Baxter State Park, northern Maine, looking at Mt. Katahdin



5 comments:

Michael Kline said...

Beautiful photos! I've never been to Acadia, although I seen many pictures of the beautiful rocks, etc.

Welcome back!

Tracey Broome said...

long ago in another life I was a sales rep for Old Town Canoe and we would have our sales meetings at Acadia. did you pick blueberries? they are soooo good there. Can't wait to hear about your trip! Welcome home!

jim said...

i love acadia... went there years ago and it was my favorite vacation in the states. did you happen to stop at the place on jordan pond with the tea and popovers? maybe it's not there anymore. beautiful country.

k.houser said...

great pics...looking fwd to hearing about your watershed experience...I do understand how good it is to get back home!

Joy Tanner said...

Tracey- I noticed the canoe we were in was an Old Town Canoe! How cool!

We did find blueberries and they were awesome!

Jim- we did eat at Jordon Pond, hiked up and around it, then ate lunch with some good friends and popovers of course!