January 5, 2010

Moving Forward

Happy New Year to my friends out there. I'm back from some holiday traveling as well as an internet break! I have been settling back into the cold, snow and ice that just doesn't give up around here. After traveling down to Miami for Christmas, coming back to this severe cold weather has proved to be tough. So I can't say I've been appreciating the snow all around, but just now on a walk with the dog, I happened to start doing what I always do best...slowed down and looked around. Then I noticed the ice layer along the creek. The ruffled and textured edges of the ice are so appealing to me. I love it when it hovers frozen above the water that is rushing below, continuing on its persistent and determined journey.

As for me, I'm also looking forward to my journey in the studio this year and am setting forth with as much persistence and determination as ever before. I want to be back in the studio making things, but I am still in my cleaning and organizing mode. All before Christmas I was cleaning out my studio and repainting and organizing my glazing room. It feels great to have a clean studio waiting for me to fill with new pots! But there's more; with my busy summer and fall last year, I ended up having a growing pile of unfiled papers, receipts, and other odds and ends. So I'm playing secretary right now for my business. Which, by the way, is not my favorite cup of tea. But it has to be done. It is a good January project for sure before I get caught up in the studio.

So here's to moving forward to a great new year in my studio and business! I'm going to start out clean and organized, everywhere in between the studio and the office. Another favorite potter/blogger of mine recently was trying to get caught up on things as his plane was hovering above in the sky, or to say it another way, get his ducks in a row, with a nice post here. And while you're at it, his post from today goes hand in hand with my earlier walk of looking and seeing.


Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Dirt-Kicker Pottery said...

Such beautiful winter photos. Happy 2010 :)

www.jeffmartinceramics.blogspot.com said...

nature's winter lace. beautiful photos!

Trish said...

Thank you for the encouraging words. Yes, it is time to move forward into the new year...(after the clean up in my stdio too!..which always takes longer than I expect!:)
Keep warm..

Annie Singletary said...

love the way you see things joy, the casual observer you are. hope you are well.