I managed to fire the little kiln for a second test firing this week and I'll unload it soon! I used a lot of old leftover bisqueware so I could use this as another 'learning experience' to get out information of my slips, glazes and clay. This time I threw in sawdust and soda by making some 'chalupas' out of the sawdust. (aka: wrapped sawdust up in newspaper burrito style and threw them into the fire, while I was spraying soda in the kiln).
Keep posted...this little guy wasn't an easy one to fire...definitely tests the soda brain power. I purposely reduced the kiln MUCH more heavily this time so we'll see if I went too far and get dark chocolate colored pots, or if the reduction is the right amount this time. Either way should tell me something.